Alphabetically and Categorically organized references, resources, and research material:
NOTE: some URL’s listed here are merely marked as a suggestion for further investigation, while others should be kept close at hand for quick referene.
- Apache HTTP Server Project [ click ]
- ASP & IIS: (Internet Information Services, the Windows built-in Web Server!) [ click ]
- Bookmarklets [toggle]
(aka. Favelets, widgets, custom-buttons, etc.)
- CSS: [ click ]
- W3C – CSS2 Specification – CSS Level 2
- the W3C Mini – T.O.C. CSS Level 2
- Eric Meyer – CSS (only) Menus
- HTML → XHTML: [ click ]
- MySQL: [ click ]
- Managing Many to Many Relationships
- PHP: [ click ]
- PHP on Windows XP: Manual Installation Procedure – php.net
- PHP Classes (as in “she has three classes every Monday, but only two on Tuesdays”) or ‘Classes’ as in understanding methods, classes, in OOP? – follow the link, and you’ll learn soon enough!
- Robots.txt v.1.0.3 – a PHP script?
- PHPBuilder.com – Excellent Resource – Community Forum
- PostgreSQL: [ click ]
- Main PostgreSQL Web Site
- Software: [ click ]
For Web Design & Development
Web Browsers: Mastering the Browser
- Understanding the Mozilla Profile
see above for the Browser software
- jAlbum: Java-based web album creator. truly one of the best web photo album generators available. jAlbum is made by one man, David Ekholm, and he is still offering it free of charge!
- XP: O/S Specific [ click ]
- Web Hosting: [ click ]
Miscellaneous and Uncategorized:
Random stuff you might want to keep handy!
- add an HTML Character Entities Sidebar
- the XHTML Friends Network – writing code with an affinity for the rel attribute of a hyperlink
- it gave me an idea… – advanced Java/Web-based HTML Editor/Viewer … check it out… are you’re thinking what i’m thinking?…
- Previous to his career in the blogosphere, your NoviceNotes™ author was kind of a ho’e, and before that gig, dude had been pimpin’ for over half his lifetime
- What is Apache – ASP?
- Apache::ASP – asp development on Apache (Apache2) – binaries available for Win32 platform
- mod_perl – how to install and enhance and make Uber-Apache! – Unlock the potential!
- WWW Consortium (a.k.a. W3C) – Listing of Technical Reports and Publications
- A Look At How the Other Half Lives
- Opera Browser – one of the Web’s Most Underappreciated Goodies (indeed, i too am a Firefox user, but Opera ain’t so bad… let us not forget how useful the Panels are, and Paste and Go comes standard!)
- Firefox Start Page
- MPlayer is the Quintessential media player for Linux. It is also available to run on Windows. Typically, linux apps (not unlike the straightforward efficiency of the Linux servers which so dominate the WWW itself) are lightweight, efficient, and they do the job very well– but often require a more advanced knowledge of programming as they typically require Command Line operation (i.e. Windows -> Run -> cmd.exe -> etc.).
Lucky for the novice user, however, we now have access to a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for MPlayer, aptly named MPUI. Get MPUI now and watch your mp3′s and movies open with grace and better playability!
- Media Player Classic – Versatile No nonsense Media Player
- Quicktime Alternative (Media Player – an Audiophile’s choice for a basic, high-quality media player, Windows platform)
- Eric Meyer – CSS leader MeyerWeb